Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
Chair, Pharmacy Practice
Edwardsville, IL 62026 United States
Based on experience
Academic - Chair of Pharmacy Practice and Patient
The Southern Illinois University Edwardsville (SIUE) School of Pharmacy is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Chair, Department of Pharmacy Practice. The Department of Pharmacy Practice is composed of faculty within a wide geographical region, including St. Louis, MO, and the surrounding metropolitan area, as well as Springfield, IL. The Department has twenty-eight faculty with diverse clinical and scholarly interests and strong working relationships with key health systems in the region.
Major responsibilities include:
- Participation in strategic planning and communicating goals, policies and procedures with departmental faculty and with students
- Preparation and administration of the department budget
- Perform annual faculty reviews and develop individual faculty development plans
- Make promotion and/or tenure recommendations
- Assist and oversee mentorship of Department faculty
- Provide oversight to the Office of Experiential Education
- Work with the Director of Clinical Programs to foster relationships between the pharmacy community and the School of Pharmacy to provide practice opportunities for faculty and professional experiences for students
- Support pursuit of external funding opportunities
- Enable involvement and participation with interdisciplinary grant submissions and partnerships
A complete application should include a letter of interest addressing the qualifications listed above and candidate’s vision for pharmacy practice, along with a curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information of at least three professional references should be submitted together via email to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin in November and continue until the position is filled.
Questions regarding the position should be directed to:
Keith A. Hecht, PharmD, BCOP, Chair, Pharmacy Practice Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
About SIUE: SIUE School of Pharmacy is located only 25 minutes from downtown St. Louis, Missouri. The SIUE campus is situated on 2660 acres of beautiful woodland atop the bluffs overlooking the natural beauty of the Mississippi River’s rich bottom land. The SIUE School of Pharmacy, the only pharmacy program in southern Illinois was established in 2005. The school graduated its first class in May 2009, and received full accreditation in June of that same year. Class sizes range from 80-82 students with 90% of those students residing in Illinois. SIUE has been selected by the NIH as one of 11 centers of excellence in pain education. The Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), which is an organization that comprises 3,000 colleges and universities and recognizes 60 accrediting bodies, has distinguished the SIUE School of Pharmacy with one of four CHEA Awards for Outstanding Institutional Practice in Student Learning Outcomes in 2011.
Education, training, experience:
Applicants should have earned a doctorate or an equivalent degree in an appropriate discipline, and have sustained evidence of teaching and scholarly accomplishments commensurate with a tenured appointment. Strong preference will be given to candidates who are pharmacists. Candidates should also possess: a dedication to excellence in pharmacy teaching, scholarship, and service; experience in external funding initiatives; interest in interdisciplinary enterprises; leadership that emphasizes openness, consultation, and shared governance; dedication to seeking balance between teaching and research, and an appreciation of intellectual and cultural diversity.
Terms & Conditions