Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
BATES DRUG STORES, INC.
Director of Pharmacy
Spokane, WA 99207 United States
Job Type: Full-time, Exempt
Director of Pharmacy
Bates Drug Stores, Inc. is seeking a highly-motivated and qualified candidate to provide leadership in a busy independent, employee owned Retail and LTC pharmacy that was established in 1942! The director is responsible for the efficient operation of both pharmacies. The director establishes standards of quality, productivity and performance in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures and requirements of State and Federal regulatory agencies.
Plans, directs, and monitors all financial, operational, professional, and clinical activities of both pharmacies. Implements policies and procedures that ensure both pharmacy departments provide optimal pharmaceutical services that meet all legal, accreditation, and certification requirements. Ensures that all pharmacy staff is currently licensed/certified/registered and have adequate Continuing Education credits. Develops competence assessment programs that ensure all pharmacy staff performs all duties and responsibilities with utmost efficiency and safety, as well as, complies with all applicable policies, procedures and standards of Bates Drug Stores, Inc. Provides all pharmacy staff with timely information relative to new drugs, policies and standards of care that relate to medication use/safety. Keeps current with State and Federal regulations regarding the practice of Pharmacy and implements changes as necessary to maintain compliance.
ALL CANDIDATES TO BE CONSIDERED WILL BE ASKED TO WRITE A LETTER OF INTEREST BEFORE SCHEDULING AN INTERVIEW.
Education, training, experience:
• Must have a pharmacy degree from an accredited college of pharmacy; MBA/MS (or equivalent education/experience) and/or Pharm.D preferred.
• Thorough working knowledge of pharmacy operations, processes and policies
• Understands performance improvement mechanisms and data collection
• Demonstrates strong communication, organizational and planning skills
• Demonstrates good interpersonal and customer service skills
• Must have basic computer skills and 10-key skills
• Must pass a criminal background check/HHS & OIG requirements
• Must NOT be on the Excluded Parties System List
• Must be bondable
Required License/Certification: Washington State Pharmacist License
Terms & Conditions